Behance

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Son Of Krypton

So some friends and I recently watched the new superman movie by Zack Snyder. I enjoy his films because he's a visionary who loves showing us a different take on what we think we know.

So after seeing the movie it took me some time  to come to grips with the way the story was told. It strays abit from the original movies, which left me abit confused. What I thoroughly enjoyed though was the character of superman, he'd new suit(HATED the old one) something about 1930's superheroes trending the wearing of their briefs outside. Ofcourse, Henry Cavill brings a well needed rawness to the character, sporting a beard! I think superman needed the makeover, and Cavill delivers! If you haven't seen him before I belive he's in The Immortals and The Tudors. He looks like a classic archetypal
 hero, ripped like a greek sculpture, steel blue eyes with the humility of a true hero. 

I loved the cinematic style so much, I call it instagramed, not insultingly though. So once I got over the storyline changes and the nosebleeds from all the fantastic flares stopped, I decided to illustrated Superman! I don't think I ever have either! So I tried to show him as he was portrayed in the movie, referencing a pose of him flying, I wanted to show him as I remembered him in the film, humble, raw and still compassionate, I mean com'on the man is a real hero!

Anyway, thats it, so let me know what you think, comments are appreciated :) Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment