Behance

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chic

Editorial illustration.

I was thinking about how beautiful north african women are, especially Ethopians and Somalian women, so I made this.

Sometimes my thought process only goes that far. :) Alas, I decided to include my rough process as well, so you could see how it came to be. I referenced photograph or 3, as I always do. I can draw quite well out of my brain, but a great artist told me once,"observe everything around you and make use of those observations". So I began referencing, which helps my work so much more, cause I learn while I draw!

Let me know what you think. :) peace
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Love how vivid the colours are. And you should come to the uk man theres thousands of somalis and ethiopians haha

    ReplyDelete