Behance

Monday, May 6, 2013

Aspire.

This painting came out pretty cool. It started off as a sketch of a young girl who dreams of herself in the future, and aspiration to be beautiful.

I thought of what young kids hope to become one day, for me it was a fireman. I had no thought of looking like a male model or being super rich, I just thought it would be pretty epic to be a fireman. What interested me making this was the role we play in moulding this ideal in youngins. Ideally I'd want young kids to grow up inquisitive of the world, to grow up rebellious of greed and superficiality. I think it's pretty important to instill hopes and dreams that instead of telling kids what they can look like or drive one day, we can rather instill an attitude of will power, knowledge, and being proactive in society.

Well that was a whole bunch of ranting, I doubt it makes sense, I'm listening to rap as I write this, a horrible song of, making "mils" and getting girls.. Sad. Nonetheless I was intrigued with the childish innocent dream, to be a grown up. Now that most of my friends and I are, we're role models so we need to start walking right huh?

That's about all I'll put you through then.

Leave a comment :)
Peace!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment