Behance

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sinner Girl Illustration

I'm a passionate person. I'm a lot of things, like most people are. Most people are dynamic. The focus is not on me though, I'm a screen. The aim is to always keep myself in the position where the screen is clear. - Mos Def

Alot of what I do is inspired, alot of who I am is inspired,  therefore my creations are made to inspire. This is an illustration part of an ongoing search, and exploration of black culture, africanism and the role of black women in these ideas and culture. This is the illustration inspired by black beauty, and the idea of the natural black women. A natural black women these days is one the most beautiful and honest things, because they represent a coming together of the past and now, held together by nature. A black women is said to be connected with nature more than any other human, this is the way it is in African culture. I am interested in the question,  "Who is the black women now?"




Look forward to more on this soon. also check out this poet, quite inspirational to this idea. 
Illustrator Taj Francis http://tajfrancis.daportfolio.com/

Peace! 


The Finished Illustration and a Poster I made while being indecisive about my colours. The poster is available for print so leave a comment if you would like a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment